Thursday, December 19, 2013

Who's that girl....

Before I lost weight, I'd see pictures of myself and by shocked by how fat I was. I'd think, 'That's not how I really look'. My self-image was completely distorted. Well, I recently learned that it still is. Because of this...


This photo was taken of my co-workers and I last week. When I looked at it, first I thought, where am I....oh, holding the certificate. My next thought was, "That's not how I really look. I'm bigger than that.'

Here's the thing, pictures don't lie. They always tell the truth...ok, they tell the truth 75% of the time...thanks dating sites!

It's funny how my image of myself has changed...from not realizing how fat I was to not being able to see how much progress I've made. I'm glad I have pictures to remind me.

Tomorrow marks three months. I'm down a total 78.6 lbs. Last week was the first time I've seen the number on the scale start with a 1 in...well, maybe ever. At least 15 years. It was awesome and motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment