Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Year in Photos

So it begins again...my attempt to devote 30 days to blogging. It's part of Think Kit, daily prompts to spur thought and creativity. 

Today I'm supposed to post photos that encapsulate my year. So, here we go.


My bestie came down from Michigan to help me celebrate my birthday and then we kicked off 2013 80s style. 

In March this happened. We were long time friends and after a few months of playing "I think I like you like that', we started dating. I'm completely stupid in love with him and cannot wait to see what our future holds. 

In June I took my first trip to Seattle, WA representing Indiana as the 83rd Junior Chamber President. I committed the past year if my life to being president, motivating eight Jaycee chapters throughout the state to create positive change in their communities and develop future leaders.

In August I celebrated 90 years with this guy, my only living grandparent. He's still got it going on and I'm honored to be able to spend quality time with him. 

This was my "last meal". On September 20, I underwent bariatric surgery, drastically reducing the size of my stomach. It was the hardest decision I've ever made and is already paying off. I feel fantastic and am healthier every day. 


This was one if my first meals post surgery. It's been battle the last 10 weeks to retrain my brain, but I'm learning every day how to appease my tiny tummy. 

Progress photo. I'm a long way from the end of this journey, but I'm definitely pleased with the progress I'm making!

This post is part of Think Kit by SmallBox
Today's prompt: Your Year in Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment