That being said, I'm not doing today's Think Kit assignment because it involves interviewing other people. Instead, I'm using a Lifeline, and choosing a different topic that resonated more with me and my reflection process through this project. Plus, I thought listing my 10 favorite things from 2012 sounded like a LOT of fun!
Top 10 Favorite Things from 2012
1. Noodles and Co. - Until I moved downtown, I'd never really tried Noodles and Co, mainly because as a person with Celiac Disease, anything with noodles in the title doesn't really sound like my sort of eatery. However, they offer gluten free noodles, and several options that will not make me feel icky. Score!
2. Angry Orchard Cider - I cannot drink beer [see reference in favorite thing 1], therefore I am always searching for a delicious alcoholic beverage that I can enjoy with my friends. I've never been much of a liquor drinker, so cider has always been a great option. This year I was introduced to Angry Orchard, which isn't as sweet as Woodchuck, and isn't as dry as Strong Bow. It's a perfect medium.
3. Smart Girls at the Party - This is an awesome group of woman who are encouraging young girls to be themselves, not conform to what society says is right or wrong, and just be themselves. I think its great in the world of Kim Kardashians and Britney Spears to have positive roles models that all females, young and old, can look up to. It also helps that my favorite actress Amy Poehler is a main stake in this group of women.
4. Dress Barn - I know what you're thinking...old lady clothes. However, I happened to find myself in a Dress Barn over the summer on an off chance, and they've really retooled their style. When you're a plus sized cutie, it can be difficult to find affordable, stylish clothing that is age appropriate. Thankfully, Dress Barn fits the bill.
5. New Day Meadery - I planned a JCI event at New Day this summer, not knowing what an amazing establishment it was at the time. It's now become one of my favorite places to hang out with friends, take in the local Indy scenes, and enjoy some delicious Honey wine. YUM!
6. Replacing Milk with Soy - I've started ordering soy drinks from Starbucks as opposed to nonfat drinks. I find that I don't react to them the way I can milk drinks, and they make the beverage more flavorful than if using nonfat milk.
7. Instagram - I know. I'm a conformist. I've bought into the "everyone can be a photog with this iphone app" mantra. I'm okay with it. It makes my pictures look better, it makes me feel artsy, and choosing filters is just plain ol' fun!
8. Zumba - I find zumba to be a fantastic workout! I enjoy working out as it is, but adding the dancing and whooping just makes it that much better. I'm far from good at it, but just dancing around and working up a sweat makes me happy.
9. Blogging - I'm not new to blogging...in fact, back in the days of Myspace, I had a relatively well-followed blog. But as I've gotten older I've found that my stories aren't as funny, and I'm just too busy to sit down and write my thoughts for others to read. But this year I've really gotten back into blogging. This project is helping me make it a priority, and I'd love for the habit to stick into 2013.
10. The Walking Dead - OH MAN. I seriously heart this show. When I started watching the first episode, I was completely grossed out and had to stop myself from turning it off several times. But there there was a cliff hanger and I HAD to find out how it was resolved and the next thing I knew it was four hours later and I was too scared to leave my apartment. I've become totally desensitized to the zombies and the graphic nature of the show. I know that the writing isn't very good but I frankly do not care. It is an addictive show and I cannot get enough of it.
I am enjoying your Think Kit posts! I've been reading them, but haven't had time to comment. You are amazing! You have had so many fun new things happening in your life and I'm thrilled for you! :)
ReplyDelete