This weekend has been a rough one for me. It's a holiday weekend so people are out of town spending time with their families...or in town with their families. Because of travel plans last month and travel plans for Mother's Day Weekend, I decided not to go to Michigan to celebrate Easter. And as a result, I've done a lot of moping and feeling sorry for myself for the past 48 hours. Partly because I'm alone...no, totally because I'm alone. And lonely. And while I feel like I'm taking steps to move past that...taking leaps of faith, trying to improve my health, looking at new career paths, these feelings still haunt me. And scare me. I wonder if I'll always be alone. I wonder why I haven't had a serious relationship in eight years. I wonder what is wrong with me that no one wants to be with me. I try so hard to stuff these emotions deep down inside of me and bottle the insecurities up, but it all honesty, that probably makes it worse. It's probably what makes me eat.
So tonight I've been trying to figure out ways to combat it. Think of things that will make me feel better about myself, not worse. I've been watching a lot of fashion youtube videos and searching for plus size fashion on Pinterest to spark some excitement for my latest decision to be intentionally fashionable (oh, that'd be a great blog name). Well, through my looking, I came across Jessica's blog. This girl is, in a word, fanawesomtastic! She's gorgeous, incredibly fashionable, and above all, totally confident in her size. It's amazing. I want to be her. I love her outfits! She understands her body and what looks good on it, that's something I cannot seem to grasp. But I'm going to try...really hard. I'm planning a little shopping outing next weekend to get some essentials to begin building my new fabulous wardrobe.
Anyway, this is a short post this evening. I'm glad the weekend is over, just because I've spent all of it alone. Plus I'm excited for my second interview on Tuesday! I feel so great about this job...it just feels like its the right thing. Please send good vibes that I rock this interview as hard as I did the first one!
Thanks for reading!
So glad you've found your inspiration! Good luck on your shopping expedition. :)
ReplyDeletePS - Tagged you in a Blog Award on my blog!